How Do I Arrange My First Appointment?
- Firstly check our clinic fees.
- Please be aware: There is currently a worldwide shortage of Hepatitis A & B vaccines. If you require these specific vaccines we may not be able to provide them. All other vaccines required are available. Your Risk assessment will determine which vaccines you need, and the charge for this is £25.
- If you need Yellow Fever Vaccination only (Already received Full Travel Advice & Treatment) - Please phone Summer Hill Surgery. Otherwise follow step 4.
- All other patients - Please complete our online travel questionnaire . We will contact you to arrange an appointment as soon as we review your questionnaire.
What Happens At My First Appointment?
During your first visit to Summer Hill Travel Clinic you will receive:
- A Risk Assessment Consultation with one of our travel health nurses. This will enable the nurse to give you the most up to date information on what is recommended for the areas you are travelling to.
- Travel Health Advice And Guidance that will enable you to make informed decisions regarding your good health throughout your travels.
- The option to receive your first vaccinations.
When Should I Have My First Appointment?
We recommend the initial appointment is arranged at least 8 weeks before you travel as a further appointment or several appointments may be required to complete your course of treatment. Your last appointment should be at least 2 weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to work.
I Am Travelling At Short Notice - What Should I Do?
Always seek our advice, it is never too late. If you have made late travel arrangements or simply forgotten about your travel health we will do our best to fit you in at short notice.